COVID-19 Update: Reopening May 4th
Our staff is returning to the office tomorrow, Wednesday, April 29th, to prepare for reopening our office to patients next Monday, May 4th. This week we will be reaching out to reschedule any appointments that were canceled due to the COVID-19 closure. However, if you're experiencing any pain or concerns about your varicose veins, please call us this week at 865-686-0507 so we can be sure to get you on the schedule earlier than later.
Your safety and that of our staff is our top priority, so please be assured that we have extensive sanitation procedures fully in place according to the CDC guidelines to protect your health. Here’s what you should expect:
- You must bring a face mask to come into the office as our supplies are limited. Your mask can be made of cloth or a “dust” type mask, just as long as it covers your nose and mouth. (We do have a limited number of clean cloth masks should you forget to bring your own, but in the event that we run out of these bringing your own will ensure that you can safely enter the office.)
- You will be instructed to call when you arrive at our office for your appointments. When we are ready for you, we will meet you outside the front door where we will check your temperature with an infrared thermometer before you enter.
- You will be asked to acknowledge that you are not ill, do not or have not had a fever, and have had no known exposure to Covid. If you have any of the above you should not come to the office and should call to cancel your appointment. If you have none of these risk factors and your temperature is normal then we will take you back to the treatment room to take your vital signs and begin your appointment.
- Those patients who are normally asked to walk the treadmill after procedures will instead walk outside or at home.
- If your own primary or specialty physician has recommended that you should delay treatment, or if we note circumstances of your particular medical condition that suggest waiting is preferable, we may reschedule you at a later date during phase 2-3 which may be 1-2 months later or longer from now. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us. We are here to serve you.
We have missed working with our patients during this time, and are looking forward to seeing you. Again, if you currently have any pain please call our office this week at 865-686-0507. Otherwise, if you previously had an appointment that was canceled due to the closures we will be contacting you this week or next to reschedule at your convenience in the coming weeks.
Thank you for your patience,
Dr. Douglass & the staff at East Tennessee Vein Clinic